Sunday 28 August 2011

Writer's Block

So I have been suffering with some intense writer's block for the past couple of days and have struggled to find my niche in life.

I'm torn between a few project ideas that I want to start upon but lack the motivation to finish absolutely any of them. Perhaps its time I started to develop ideas on something fresh, something that I have never tried before. Maybe I just need to sort something out for myself once and for all.

It's difficult. I want to be a writer, in fact I want to be able to publish at least one of my stories for the entire world by the end of this year. Yet I don't feel any push towards this goal. The same can be said about my tattoo that I want to have done.

I'm too picky, and I'm too uneasy when it comes to projects that I originally started. I want to make people remember me through my words, yet for the past three months or so I have been silent. My words will not come, my inspiration has perished beneath layers of routine and cliches.

Well no more. I will start once again to bring my Blog up-to-date. This way I have some way of getting my words onto the computer/pen-and-paper.

It'll be random, it'll be about nothing interesting or exciting, just aspects of my life. And I have to start somewhere, so today would be a good start.

2 comments:

  1. It's a fact that any journey, no matter how iconic, must start with a single step. It's silly to expect greatness the moment you take the risk. Give it time an audience will be found.

    And under no circumstances should one EVER throw away work, if it's not a stepping stone to greener pastures then it is a manual on what not to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr Hicks! Your words have certainly made me think today about my situation. I will have to sort myself out and get the ball rolling, so to speak!

    ReplyDelete