Saturday 10 September 2011

I hate my job...

So let me just start this blog entry will some additional background information.

So I work, naturally. I work in a retail outlet in my local town (and no I'm not going to say what it is)



Around three months ago or so I was promoted to become Sunday Supervisor, which means that I work the entire shift on Sunday - running the shop. At first it was kinda difficult for me to come to grips with but I soon managed to get the hang of the situation.

Now, a month after that, we opened a second store at the opposing shopping prescient that was three times as big as our original one, and as you can imagine it's a very very busy place...In fact, so busy that the money we take from the original has started to dwindle and the other continues to sky-rocket.

Now, a little more back information for everyone, namely about my manager.

He is a very hot/cold person, and perhaps the worst thing I can say about him is that he reminds me alot of my biological father. This sometimes leads to difficult situations regarding disobeying him or finding the right way to confront a situation without completely losing my cool. And perhaps the tensest part of this all is that he is aware of these similarities and plays into them alot...

Anyway, after the past week, my manager has been ill and therefore it has been up to me and a younger supervisor to run the entire shop by ourselves without much guidance. During this time however, we were also tasked with training a new member of staff who was joining the company to become the new Assistant Manager. He seems like a nice guy but he's very odd at the same time...

I don't know what it is but sometimes when I talk to him, it feels as though he's understanding what I'm saying and refusing to acknowledge it...Kinda frustrating. Also he refused to talk to any other staff members on the shop floor unless he absolutely had too which annoyed me because that implies he thinks he's better than everyone else around him.

Personally I don't know, and personally I don't care...Until now...

So, you know I mentioned that my boss was sick last week, well the younger supervisor took this as him taking the week off without consent and shared his own opinion to the new guy about our manager...

Now, sometimes the manager really does get underneath my skin, and I can certainly see this new guy doing the exact same...but, even I can agree with them that that was a silly idea...


Anyway...With the long and short of it now....let me get to the point...

The younger supervisor only works two and a half days now after coming into conflict with the manager about his hours. Because of his reluctant behaviour to his hours/shifts. It means that I have to take over for him, meaning that I now work around 5-6 days a week with absolutely shit pay.
So today I discover that my boss now wants to transfer me from my small shop to the larger one (which I absolutely hate!) and send the younger supervisor to my post...making his life somewhat completely easier, while forcing my hand and making me work 100% harder...



And whilst texting the young lad and telling him that we've swapped locations now, he told me to watch my back and not do so much work for him (our boss) since he'll try to get away with it. Now...I can kinda agree to that to some extent, but...

As far as I can see...out of all the guilty parties in this situation. I'm the only poor motherfucker who suffers because of it...Why do I have to be transferred? Therefore working more and more in a location that I can't stand...

No comments:

Post a Comment