Thursday 22 September 2011

A larger entry than usual



So I made a Vlog yesterday when I was back home at my Mum's and I've just decided to upload it now. Not very long and you get to see how tired I look after the immense amount of hours I've done for work this week.

Speaking of work, I was pretty amazed to see my Manager inside the store when I went to go open up this morning. He had been there for a long time and spent most of the night working there with another colleague as well, trying to get as much of the Christmas stock out as he can...

You know what though, me and him really don't see eye to eye from time to time and sometimes we have rows but I completely felt sorry for him this week. And you want to know what the worst part of it was...today was his day off!

So for me, that meant I had to try and help him out the best I could.

So I rang him up after he went home and said,
"How would you like to have a nice relaxing lay-in on Saturday?"

To which silence followed and he wanted to know what I was thinking.

Basically, I'm opening the store up for him for 4 hours on Saturday (Which is my day off) and giving him those 4 hours to rest up and spend with his wife and kids.

Seriously, the guy deserves a break for the amount of work he's done this week. It was the least I could do.
It's all about self-sacrifice. And I know the feeling when someone goes out of their way to make someone else's  life just a bit easier is one of the best feelings in the entire world...


There we go then children. I did an 11 hour shift today so I'm pretty tired. I'm going to go watch the new episode of Supernatural. God I hope it's better than the last one that was on....that was just awful...

Oh, and I almost forgot. My Experience points for the day.
Basically, 17,753 steps (8.40 miles)



No comments:

Post a Comment